Thursday, June 17, 2010

from this Minute now

I never really thought about Paris as a personal epic destination... until today. Not for the romance, not for the Tower, but just for the town. It all started with a video. A video that pretty much changed my life. It actually reminded me of Venice references from an earlier late night hangout. The video I learned is a 1979..ish shot. Yes... ONE shot. He turned on the video camera, stuck the camera on his car, and drove. Cobblestone streets, coffee shops, trucks with produce, pigeons, early morning mist...it's beautiful. All in one shot. No splicing, no dicing, no fake outs. The song is beautifully perfect in timing and length too!!! Listen carefully to the lyrics too.
Please...please enjoy as I did: Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol

2 comments:

  1. LOVED IT!!! It's crazy...It has been two years since I was in Paris, but there were several times when I knew exactly where his was because I walked those streets. :) Thanks for some delightful memories...and I hope you get to go there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was gorgeous and made me delirious to live in Europe-so much history over there. oh, and i bet that gentleman was driving a Mini because he was driving a bit like Jason Bourne at times, just saying...

    ReplyDelete