Monday, July 5, 2010

The Overview

What a crazy weekend. It all started Thursday with a speedy trip to a favorite college town to meet up with friends and be scarred for life. Literally, I am now the proud owner of my first tattoo... one I designed myself of course. After sitting hunched over for an hour and a half, we set off to a coffee shop and paid wittness to a cappechino of "Ethic" perportions. But it was a rush as we scurried off to the airport; seeing a three-time-hangout aquaintance off to New Zealand. From there we caught a bite to eat and headed home as a caravan... kindof.
It wasn't long till the three of us were enjoying hot tea and listening to old voicmails down on Connally's family's kitchen floor.
Friday was off work, getting my car preped for my trip up north reminded me of how unadultish I feel, but it ended well with a Guy's night dinner date at Denny's... it's tradition.
Saturday... worked again.
Sunday? yep worked again again... but it was the Fourth, so I enjoyed some fireworks and watching some friends play soccer. Had it not been for my toe problems.. I would have played too, but instead made up the peanut gallery as a party of one.
Today finished my vehicular improvements as well as tidying up the house for house-sitters. The day came to a peek though with the arrival of a long time friend who is a constant encouragment. I'm so glad she's riding up north with me. It'll be so good to catch up and discover the Lord's grace and faithfulness in eachothers' lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment