Monday, July 5, 2010

Plain Black and White

As many have learned, and I am now learning, people ask a lot of questions when you change. Being as we are, humans ususally like to hover in a homemade norm of their own design, with thier preconceptions and assumptions all figured out. So when someone up and changes, it seems to be a sudden out-of-the-blue occurance. This would bring a part of those preconceptions and assumptions to a crashing reality that anything is possible and things are rarely as they seem.
Getting a tattoo is probly the biggest acts of change I've made, but definatly not the most significant. I was suprised though, when I heard the words, "I never thought you would get one."
I can understand where they might be coming from. After all, I was always the goody-two-shoes teacher's-pet, church boy. I was never really rebelious to any authority. But at the same time, I've always wanted a tattoo. I've always been rather expressive of myself, artsy, and never afraid to write on myself.
It wasn't an act of acting out, it wasn't for spite. My parents have taught us well and though they let us know where they stood, they never forced their convictions on their kids.
My reason for getting this tattoo is simple: To remind me to be content and remind me of lessons I've been taught in years passed. Knowing that God has me where He has me for a reason... therefore, I should look for oppertunities to serve Him, praise Him, and learn from Him.
weheartit

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment