Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Journal Page

It hit me the other day,
I have three weeks till leaving for Bible School. So, I started pulling everything out. Got my plastic tubs full of old notebooks, towel sets, gloves, scarves, pens, curtains... a life I had put on hold for a year and a half. It's time to start again. I've gone through my clothes again to pick out what I'm taking and leaving, what keepsakes I'm taking and where they'll go, and all that jazz. It's hard because not only am I thinking about the move to school, but also about where it's all gonna go once my parents leave the country next year for good! I'm kinda packing for a double move.
Gets me on one of those nastalgic runways. I have a hunkering to sit and read through all the journals I've kept. I love to find the closest thing to date in one of my past journals and read what my life was like, what cares I had, and what God was doing one, two, three, four, or five years ago.
It'll be interesting to sit and read about these days in a year or so.

1 comment:

  1. I love looking back through my past journals...finding the day I was on and remembering what was happening and what God was doing in my life at that moment. Seeing how far I'm come, how much I've grown, or how much I haven't grown. It both inspires and challenges me.

    ReplyDelete