Sunday, May 30, 2010

Like a Box of Chocolates

Sunday started like it should.. for its namesake, Sunny.
Hot? yes. Humid? ..it IS Missouri you know.
In any case, I was driving home from church potluck and when I got into town I realized that it must have rained. There wasn't even a cloud in the sky earlier and all of the sudden it was wet on the ground.. What?
Get changed and head off to work.
Out of nowhere... with the sun still shining mind you... it starts really raining!!! To make it worse, the wet pavement was steaming. Literally steaming. It looked like morning mist swirling in the cool of the morning. I felt like it was 7am.. only it was 3pm and blistering hot.
I don't know what God was thinking when He set up the weather systems. But I'm thinking Missouri was one of those gray sections that he granted "the leftovers."

No comments:

Post a Comment