Sunday, May 30, 2010

Caught me by Surprise

Last Thursday I finally took the first steps into a ministry opportunity that the Lord had put on my heart way back in middle school. I emptied my pockets into a locker, handed off my id for scanning and gripped my Bible dearly due to the butterflies in my stomach. Then... I walked through the metal detector and sat down across from some "juvenile delinquents." This ministry has been on my heart for years and it excites me to finally be walking in it. Jim, the pastor I had come with had planned the story telling of the Prodigal Son from the Gospel of John. I love that story because of some things in my life have paralleled to it in cool ways. I always called myself the prodigal's brother, because I was always a goody-two-shoes when I was a kid to make up for my sister. But the weird thing was, I was the one running away from home, from love, from God. But things have changed. I can't wait to go back and continue ministering to those kids. God works in all situations for His glory. Please pray for His work and glory to be exemplified.

No comments:

Post a Comment