Monday, May 24, 2010

A Little Over due

A few weeks ago I went to the Graduation at Bible School a few weeks ago. Bittersweet smiles all around. Good to see you, sad to see you go.
It was great getting to catch up with friends and watch as my old classmates marched the stage. Music was beautiful, the inside jokes were hilarious, and Hebrews was everywhere!
At one point ...okay, many points.. I was asked how I felt about my class moving on with out me. I decided that...
It was not as bad as I thought. I realize that with so many having left and others jumping in, it really wasn't the same group of people anymore. Sure it would have been nice to walk with them, but we're all different now. I'm just excited to jump in with a new group of people that I can encourage and learn from.
The best time I had though, was hanging out with a best friend's dad. He took me to coffee and we just sat and talked about some questions I had posed months earlier. It was nice to relax and be refreshed by wisdom.
Wisdom makes one wise man more powerful than ten rulers in a city. -Ecclesiastes 7:19

He was such an encouragement especially in his personal excitement about my future. "You've got drive." he said, "You're going places Nate."
I always felt like I would go places, but sometimes it's hard to believe it when I havn't gone anywhere for a while. Thanks so much Uncle John.

1 comment:

  1. "They are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper." - Psalm 1:3

    Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't happening. It just means that it's not the season for that tree to yield fruit yet. :) Keep running hard after God and you will go places.

    ReplyDelete