Monday, May 10, 2010

Secondhand Serenade

Quick shout out to good friends who call you up because you need it and they know it.
Last night I was scanning through some old letters and found some that were not all that heart happy to behold. Good reminders for what truth I had forgotten, but still painful, as truth sometimes is. In any case I left a note for a crazy awesome friend to find in search for advice on dealing with it. I expected nothing for the night and went to bed with country love songs playing in my head. ...note to self, Keith Urban is great!! but not during late, heart-throbbing situations.
Low and behold, an hour later, that crazy awesome friend calls with honest words. We chatted about things as they were, instead of what could have been, and what things more likely WILL be as opposed to how I wish they might turn out. Kudos to Connally for being a true friend and confidant.

Moral of the story? ...pick one for yourself.
for me, "Depressed=NO Keith"

2 comments:

  1. I agree...Connally is a wonderful friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, thanks friends :)

    Nate, it's only payback for all the brilliant advice you've given me over the years! thanks for keeping my feet grounded, especially when i'm irrationally emotional (uhm...which is like, all the time? lol)
    LOVES!

    PS glad you like Trent Dabbs; he is pretty baller!

    ReplyDelete