Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fruits of the Spirit...Week

Tomorrow a good third or more of the school is packing up and headed to our sister school for some good friendly competition. Tribal Cup should be real fun to watch... though I'm more excited to see all the people I know from Jackson that I havn't seen in forever!!.. Okay, so it's only been three months, but even so.
We had spirit week. There was a ton of homework and practices going on so not a ton of people participated, but it was fun to see the people who did. I tried to do every day, though I didn't get Monster Monday. But Tye-Dye Tuesday was my favorite.
Tie up a black shirt like a regular tye-dye

Pour capfuls of bleach on it and let sit for a few hours (turns orange as it lightens)

After rinsing the bleach out, add your desired color in following dying instructions!!
Wacky-hair Wednesday I woke up late so instead of rubber-banding the top half of my head and straightening the bottom half down, I only had time to straighten it all.
...I like it somewhat straight (and so did some of the GUYS!?!) but it looks better without my beard... and I like my beard more than straightening my hair every day.
Anyway, today was Twin Thursday. A friend and I wore green hoodies, jeans, brown shoes, and black and gray beanies. Our curly hair and boisterous beards made the rest of it fit. Fun times. Lookin' forward to School Spirit Friday. We have to wear all red since Jackson is doing all black.. It's gonna be a grand time. I just have to remember to save some of my voice for Church Choir on Sunday!! Go Piranhas!!!

2 comments:

  1. piranhas?... really??

    anyways-i love, Love, LOVE tyedye! [never tried it with black, but am definitely intrigued] and the new header photo is fantastic! ♥

    PS sorry for bailing on skype tonight-sleep is a monster. my bad!

    ReplyDelete