Friday, April 30, 2010

Tut, Tut, Looks Like Rain

Last weekend was all planned out... but then the winds of change, as they often do,... blew.

It all started Thursday.
I was..shall we say.. under the weather. I had spent up all the night before writing an essay for class, and for some reason was completely drained of my usual electricity.In short, I called in sick to work out of town, went home and slept it off.
The next day (Friday) was not as light and cheery as the day before, but by the end of it, my attitude was just as damp. Early in the day I was able to hang out with a new spark,and though the rain fell, my sun was shining. That is.. until the spark's old flame sputtered in out of the rain. My jealousy thundered a little, but I realized the silver lining in the time I'll have in later months.

Saturday saw new light as we drove out from under dark clouds toward a fun evening. Unfortunately, that bright evening was unpredictably soggy in the end.Not to say it wasn't fun. After all, the bands boomed, and the crowd was electrified, but as we evaded puddles going to my car, I was vaguely aware of some static between the two fires. The clouds grew darker as night set in and the thunder rolled on.
Sunday was just that.. SUN DAY. Not much to puddle over, except my longing to be out in the sunshine while being chained to homework.

Since then, we've discussed some details and come to the decision that the charge between them is still strong. I respectfully withdrew. Though I must say that, the eye of the storm within was beating out a calm, yet sincere message. "Not in the end." Meaning... this spark will never burn past the waterline.


It turns my mind to another storm .. one that has slowly grown quieter over time.. but never truly dissipated. A FIRE so fierce, no rain, no snow, no hurricane could quench. I can't seem to cover up the burns it left... and to those scars I bend. I dream of moon drenched nights where Orion has fought every cloud from the sky and the only wind is from our breathing in unison, as we gaze at a flawless sky. Her secretive eyes are burned in my memory, as is a whirlwind of greetings and goodbyes,but until the day I don't have to wait anymore,... I'll take the sun. I'll take the rain.



Perhaps this weekend will be one that God calms, but who am I to say. I'm just * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment