Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Miles in the Rearview

Blast from the past. I was reading through some homework early this morning... or was it late last night?
Either way, this phrase stuck to me like flypaper for many verses later.
"To whom shall I compare thee?"

I was going crazy; knowing that there was some memory related to those words. Then it hit me...
"Shall I compare thee to a summers day? Thou art more lovely, more temperate."

A rush of memories from High School choir flooded me in the middle of class. Good times to rest that I hadn't glanced at for a good many years. On that note, I proceeded after class to YouTube the long forgotten song. I did indeed find it (there are two versions apparently).
I then continued my search of choir activities from my High School choir program... seeing many faces and hearing good songs from the past. I never thought I would miss those High School days, but apparently there are some things in the soul that never die. Music being one of them.
Let music never die in me.
Forever let my spirit sing.
Let all our voices join as one to praise the Maker of the Song.
Rejoice, Rejoice, Let music ring!!



Along the way I found this original song by a good friend.

3 comments:

  1. It's always fun when something like that happens, and you get a chance to reflect upon where you have been and where you have come from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss your fun little reflections-though i do not miss high school in any aspect! oh, well i do miss you. are you coming home for thanksgiving so that i might get to hug you??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I'll be home for Thanksgiving. Can't wait already.

    ReplyDelete