Thursday, August 5, 2010

Look for the Lesson

The day began better than it ended.. bittersweet though it was.
I spent the last hour of a little brother’s time before his departure for college hanging out and helping him pack-up last minute items. I enjoyed seeing him at the end, because I feel like I’m seeing him off to a new beginning. I’m scared for him, but also very excited that this is a new slate. Opportunities come both good and not so good.. both with choices for wise and not so wise decisions. Here’s to prayer that his heart will follow his Father’s Heart. He was the last participant to my era of the youth group back in school days, and now he’s off to college. I’m really hoping to have times to visit him and go to some of his games if my breaks allowed.
The rest of the day consisted of forgotten wallets, missed phone call opportunities, wasted gas to a check-up that couldn’t be done, and a day at work that left me babysitting seven kids because of people’s ignorance and miscommunications.
My ministry Bible study was okay, though not as “Bible filled” as I may have liked it to be, but the boy and I enjoyed some games and relationship building. I’m sad to say I’m leaving him a week or so to get on to my own schooling up North.
Through it all, the Lord gave me strength to press on and to praise Him still.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always so glad that God has grace to help us through every situation we face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my little brother is all grown up!!! :(:) [that's a sad/happy/confused face]
    if i go to sit through the torture of college football, hopefully you can come as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete