Monday, August 23, 2010

In Chaos and Pain


The Long journey has come to an end, and yet it is only beginning.
Coming up to the school at a quarter past ten Friday night was a fulfilling moment. Having many miles behind, along with a blown tire, gas money, and a "Pay it forward" opportunity, the trip and all the happenings before it were just one big post-it note from God saying
I'm STILL here.

It took me two days to get everything in its proper place, but I finally got fully moved in. I have plenty of brothers in the room with me (six to be exact)so I was trying hard to keep everything condensed in my desk and under my bed. I'm likin' the roomies so far. We're all very different, but it is awesome to know that we are all family in Him.
Did a lot of errands and orientation meetings today, so I'm pretty peopled out. But I'm seriously considering a good run on the treadmill before bed. That way I can still be "with" people... er.. watching them from above as they play soccer... Just not so surrounded. I wish I still had my Tenth Avenue North music. They were always my favorite running companions.
Then it's off to the showers that I cleaned earlier this afternoon. 7:15 comes earlier than you expect it.


..."I'm still here"...

2 comments:

  1. i love me some tenth avenue north.
    glad you like the roomies and i really do want to hear all about your life far away from me...just not when i am in the middle of ordering the wrong textbooks. i [apparently] suck at life.

    oh, and i hate missing you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that song...glad you are getting all settled in. i completely understand being peopled out...i'm getting there myself. a run through my neighborhood last night was a lovely by myself time.

    ReplyDelete