Saturday, January 14, 2012

Oh God...whisper to me

Read through Luke 1:39-56 today for Devotions. The Lord spoke to my heart in the midst of the loud and busy college Dining Room. As Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist said to her cousin Mary, the mother of Jesus,...
"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said will be accomplished." (vs. 56
) Honestly, I'm worried about being up where the wind never ceases. I know it is place for me, not because of my ability, but because of the Lord's faithful hand in directing me here. Yet I am so unsettled... why? I am here. I am learning. I am adjusting. I am growing. I am trying. What it comes down to is that I want to hear the voice of my God in a special way. I want to KNOW and not suppose. I want to BE and not just seem. I want to TRUST without DOUBT. Zechariah was struck silent because of his doubt, and low and behold, what the Lord said happened regardless! But I don't want to have to deal with consequences like that... I want to be as Mary, and truly believe!!!
Lord, I want to hear Your voice.
Lord, I want to hear Your voice.
           Lord, I want to hear only
                  Your voice only
                            Your voice ONLY, only Your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment